Janicki Bioenergy claims it is on track to produce the next model of its small capacity wastewater processor, the S200, within a year. The innovation was featured on this blog several weeks ago.
Some of S200’s characteristics are:- processes about 24,000 gallons of sludge per day;
- produces 150-250 kW of electricity per day (enough for 25,000 households at 10 watts each);
- produces 13,000 to 22,700 gallons of pure water per day;
- produces not quite three cubic feet of ash per day;
- serves a population of 100,000 to 200,000 people;
- requires a staff of one or two people per shift;
- with all the bells and whistles, occupies a space of 37.5 ft. x 95.5 ft.